Sunday, April 22, 2012

Waiting on the rain

We might like to forget our  connection to the  natural world or allow ourselves to  be constantly distracted by the modern world, but we need rain and  when it has been weeks and weeks when we have not had it here in New England you do take notice. It is not even May first and the streams and rivers look like it it is late August after a severe drought.
That is not good.
We need rain and badly.
You know that right?
 Help may be on the way as a good soaking is coming, they are  projecting 3", and I awoke at 2:30 am when the large drops of a weak front came through hitting my bedroom window. I looked out the window and the  street was barely wet and it shortly stopped.
I was so anxious I could not fall  back asleep for over an hour.
Which is highly unlike me.
Now the skies are grey and thickening and the air is cold as the cooler air off the ocean settles in and the winds have shifted  to the northeast, and we  will get that long over due Nor'easter'.
Enjoy the rain.
You might enjoy this old song by Randy Newman.
" I Think It's Gonna Rain Today"

No comments:

Post a Comment