Sunday, April 22, 2012

Late on the bus

I first saw Diana Krall sit in with Furthur last year at Radio Music Hall, she did a sweet version of  "Ripple" in the first set and then came back for the encore with her husband Elvis and Larry Campbell to jam on "Fever". I recently awoke early one morning to her singing the  sweet and  hopeful song "Maybe You'll Be There" from her first album. Wow! what a way to start the day.
That song  got into my head and heart.
 I  saw the  version from her Paris DVD and she  just enchants you, with here subtleties of being in the song and her graceful and revealing expressions as she sings simply bewitch you.You can see as she sings the  final verse she knows he will never come back, although that  bittersweet moment is only there for that moment.
A true goddess she  just radiates beauty and emotion through her singing and playing. I'm head of heels. Ok thanks for indulging me in my latest celeb crush.
If you watch there  vids I am sure you will agree.
"East of the Sun & West of the Moon"

"Let's Fall In Love"

"Maybe You'll Be There"

"Cry Me A River"


No comments:

Post a Comment